Feeling sick again

By Izza Haziqah - August 17, 2014

Yesterday (Saturday) was planned to be quite an eventful weekend. But when I woke up that morning, I woke up with a slight flu.

That flu didn't deter me from going along with the day's plans, though. So in the morning, I went to PRAXIS's perjumpaan raya at Jamiyah Nursing Home. And even after that event, I still went to join my Irsyad batchmates for jalan raya.

The last house of the jalan raya was at Pasir Ris, and by that time, I was feeling like my face wanted to explode due to the overwhelming mucus (TMI, I know). So after contemplating back and forth whether or not some of my friends and I should spend little money and take the train back home or fork out some cash and cab all the way to Bukit Timah... we finally chose the latter. The money spent was really worth it though, because we all felt relaxed throughout the smooth ride and not panicked or uncomfortable (as long as we didn't look at the meter fare hahaha).

And then. Today.

When I woke up, I woke up with a terrible terrible fever. A fever so bleargh I couldn't possibly join today's jalan raya plan with my close friends. A plan I've been looking forward to since the start of Syawal. I'm still pretty bummed about it, but well, you know what Allah says: We plan, they plan but Allah plans and Allah's the best of planners. So insyaAllah... ada hikmah di sebaliknya.

So that's the sick part of my weekend in a nutshell (which took up 70% of the entire weekend, really). I share this because I want to stress the importance of taking care of our health, and the opportunity costs we must pay when we fail to do so. Of course, sure, ultimately God determines whether or not we get sick, but our part has to be played and that is taking care of our body which has a right over us.

Stay healthy, dear readers!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments