Out of the many good traits in a human that touch me entirely, there are two that I consider to be closest to my heart.
One, it is the trait of kindness. Alhamdulillah, I see it somewhat often. Many humans, contrary to popular belief, are actually full of kindness. Acts like helping someone in need, displaying sincere signs of concern, willingly lending a listening ear... All of that and many more ‒ they happen everywhere, every time, and by anyone. Such acts ‒ they move my heart to a very large degree. I wish society would publicize this more often than the bad things. On many occasions, the media reports on shocking and disturbing events, causing the world to be seen from a bad angle. But I believe that if we were to tilt that angle by a bit, we can see that good hearts are actually everywhere. If we were to really look, they're not that far from us at all.
Two, it is the trait of standing up against what is clearly wrong. It has been said in the Qur'an: enjoin what is good, and forbid the evil. I often hear of people carrying out the former, but I hardly see the same for the latter. Which, to a certain extent, is understandable, I suppose. Sometimes, we deem ourselves unworthy to stop someone from committing sin, because, well, we all sin. So we feel that we are in no place to tell others off. Plus, the truth can at times be extremely bitter. Revealing it may leave a bad taste that comes in the form of tension. And, I guess, sometimes, we just simply lack the will and courage to speak up against what is wrong. It takes a lot of guts, and that is why I admire this trait very much. Edmund Burke once said: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." I feel that those who act based on this trait, are preventing the triumph of evil. It's something I really appreciate.
When I see it or hear of these traits, my heart is stirred. I feel a sense of pull towards the people who hold them, stranger or not. Personally, I do hope and pray that they exist in myself. I'd really like it to be easy for me to have such kindness and courage in my heart, insyaAllah.
Sure, a handsome or pretty face can make me do a double take. But the things in a person that really stays in my mind, lingers in my memory, and remains in my heart, are these good traits.
One, it is the trait of kindness. Alhamdulillah, I see it somewhat often. Many humans, contrary to popular belief, are actually full of kindness. Acts like helping someone in need, displaying sincere signs of concern, willingly lending a listening ear... All of that and many more ‒ they happen everywhere, every time, and by anyone. Such acts ‒ they move my heart to a very large degree. I wish society would publicize this more often than the bad things. On many occasions, the media reports on shocking and disturbing events, causing the world to be seen from a bad angle. But I believe that if we were to tilt that angle by a bit, we can see that good hearts are actually everywhere. If we were to really look, they're not that far from us at all.
Two, it is the trait of standing up against what is clearly wrong. It has been said in the Qur'an: enjoin what is good, and forbid the evil. I often hear of people carrying out the former, but I hardly see the same for the latter. Which, to a certain extent, is understandable, I suppose. Sometimes, we deem ourselves unworthy to stop someone from committing sin, because, well, we all sin. So we feel that we are in no place to tell others off. Plus, the truth can at times be extremely bitter. Revealing it may leave a bad taste that comes in the form of tension. And, I guess, sometimes, we just simply lack the will and courage to speak up against what is wrong. It takes a lot of guts, and that is why I admire this trait very much. Edmund Burke once said: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." I feel that those who act based on this trait, are preventing the triumph of evil. It's something I really appreciate.
When I see it or hear of these traits, my heart is stirred. I feel a sense of pull towards the people who hold them, stranger or not. Personally, I do hope and pray that they exist in myself. I'd really like it to be easy for me to have such kindness and courage in my heart, insyaAllah.
Sure, a handsome or pretty face can make me do a double take. But the things in a person that really stays in my mind, lingers in my memory, and remains in my heart, are these good traits.
0 comments