What makes me happy?

By Izza Haziqah - August 18, 2013

The sight of food on the table
    The laughter of people I love
The taste of potato or cheese
    The scent of sweetness above
The bite of Oreo indulged in milk
    The freshness of drinking ice-cold water
The sweetness of my mother's cup of milo
    The plates of prata that make things better
The beauty of any species of flower
    The twinkle of the stars in the sky
The rush of innocent wind against my hijab
    The train track route that I walk by
The warmth coming from a hug
    The voices that greet me "salam"
The words that display some care
    The wishes of "selamat malam"
The willingness of a friend to help
    The pleasant surprise of meeting by fate
The coincidences that brought upon blessings
    The loved ones who are prepared to wait
The way I feel when I give my views
    The friends whom I can truly rely on
The pictures that bring me back to the past
    The sincere letters of which I'm very fond
The conversations full of feelings
    The confessions my heart dearly keeps
The love I feel for some people
    The sweet wishes I get right before I sleep
The inside jokes that came up in class
    The understanding heart of my mother
The listening ears of my friends
    The people who show that they bother
The watching of films with certain people
    The Hindustan songs I get excited to
The Japanese way of saying "HAII!"
    The long list in my movie menu
The songs that remind me of nice times
    The deep lyrics that make me wonder
The actions of others that state bold things
    The words preventing me from going under
The photos of places I want to visit
    The motivation to become a better person
The rare support and comfort from others
    The initiation to know and learn
The moment I learn something new
    The manner a teacher looks at me pleasantly
The times I make someone else understand
    The success from advising subtly
The religion that saves me from so much
    The books that bring me to another place
The poems sincerely written for me
    The stories in which I find solace
The laws proving the importance of women
    The verses that strengthen my faith
 The prophetic quotes that soften my heart
    The reassurance that I can overcome anything I face
The numerous other things I simply cannot list
    The nature of this Earth that leaves me awed
The stars in the sky amongst various signs
    The knowing of having the All-Hearing All-Seeing God

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments