﷽
Ramadhan is drawing to a close and I'm sure many Muslims wish they'd have done more productive things during this month of blessing. I'm not an exception.
With the presence of my STE prelim examinations, I wasn't able to exert my maximum potential this month. I didn't even get to complete my main goal!! :(
Well, of course, examinations shouldn't be a valid excuse to not be productive. Oh, the guilt. T_T
May Allah make us meet Ramadhan the next year again, insyaAllah.
This year's Ramadhan I didn't pray at Ar-Raudhah mosque as much as I did during the previous years (also my entire life, haha) but my family did frequent visits to Muhajirin mosque and Omar Kampong Melaka mosque instead. Maybe the coziness of both mosques has something to do with it. Haha. I don't really have much say in the choice of mosques, but I don't really mind. They're all the houses of Allah. ^_^
Also, this Ramadhan lacked a lot of sleep. Especially during the last few days. Mainly due to prelim preparation. T_T But the thing is, I feel comfortable studying and mugging as I burn the midnight oil. Information tends to enter my head more conveniently in comparison to during the evening, or so. Alhamdulillah.
I pray that we all get the chance to meet Ramdhan again next year, insyaAllah. :)
With that, let me end this post with a poem (a sonnet, to be more specific) ...
I'll miss the mosque trips frequently done
I'll miss the habitual Qur'anic recitation
I'll miss the chance to win since the month's begun
I'll miss easier control due to the devil's elimination
I'll miss daily abstaining in thoughts of others
I'll miss having something to look forward to every night
I'll miss the post-azan nasyid and the pre-azan lectures
I'll miss the sense that everything is alright
I'll miss the worldly blessing present each sunset
I'll miss preparing a feast for the beloved
I'll miss the constant spread of truth and concept
I'll miss the striving without feeling lazy nor exhausted
Of course they can still move on after the ending
But there will be difference in awareness and blessing
May we all continue even after the ending
Continue to strive for Allah and what's God-pleasing
Ameen
Wassalamu'alaikum warahmatullah :)
0 comments